Application deadline – Friday 23 April 2021, 5pm
Responses sent to applicants – Friday 30 April 2021
New Midland Group Development Programme – May 2021 – April 2022
Financial support for associates – £500
About New Midland Group:
New Midland Group (NMG) is a consortium of three artist-led organisations located in Nottingham: Backlit, One Thoresby Street and Primary. We work together to develop the profile and sustainability of contemporary visual arts in the Midlands, through research, activity and opportunities that are additional to the three organisations’ work.
New Midland Group Development Programme:
NMG will deliver an 18-month project centred around a group of core associates who will be offered a slate of activity including mentoring, collaboration and professional development with a focus on interdisciplinary research, redefining collaborative practice and building confidence, as well as sustainability, both artistic and environmental.
The project also includes an expansive free public programme of discussions, workshops and events taking place both online and across partner venues, plus bursary opportunities open to practitioners based in the Midlands.
Who are we looking to support? NMG is looking for applications from established artists, individuals with an interest in working in contemporary art and anyone anywhere in-between, with an emphasis on creatives who have not engaged in formal arts education or are from backgrounds currently under-represented within the sector. Through the programme we aim to support new interdisciplinary discourse and approaches and provide routes into contemporary art.
15 associates will be selected to participate in the NMG Development Programme. The Programme will comprise approx. two activities per month with the schedule taking shape in conversation with the NMG associate cohort.
Applicants must be over 18 years of age and living or professionally based in the Midlands.
NMG Development Programme Associates will receive:
- £500 to support access to the NMG Development Programme (e.g., travel, accommodation, Wi-Fi, childcare).
- 1-2-1 mentoring provided by a number of project partners with the aim to support artist / professional development, sustainability and collaborative working.
- Full access to an extensive public programme of events and activities, including ‘go-see’ visits, workshops and discussions taking place between May 2021 – April 2022.
- The opportunity to support shaping the entirely free public programme over the duration of the project.
- Access to project partner activities, including networking events, conferences and discussion groups.
- The opportunity to regularly meet with the NMG Development Programme associate cohort, building new connections and stronger creative networks.
- Support in applying for other opportunities of interest (e.g., open calls and funding pots).
For more information on the open call and how to apply, please access the documents below. Read the open call and application information carefully before submitting:
Please direct any inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you.