Deadline to apply: Thursday 16 December 2021, 12noon.
Filming dates: 14 – 18 February 2022
Performer Fee: £150*
Needed: x4 performers for video piece
(Ideal casting: 3 performers between the age of 19-25, and 1 performer aged 40 or over).
*Fee is £150 per performer. There is potential to increase this fee if grant applications are successful. Successful applicants will be updated accordingly.
Dame LAdy of the Manner, a woman against all that is wild and untethered, takes three impressionable “girls” under her wing. Locked away in her manor, they’re indoctrinated by her through threats of imperfection and physically draining musical numbers. As the three hostages examine labels and anxieties which are pushed onto them by their captor, they gain a solidarity in their collective unknowing, which in turn opens them up to something more powerful than LAdy Dame could’ve imagined. This is a project examining anti-speciesism, queerness, adolescent longing, human contradiction, and disembodiment.
This open call is targeted towards queer women, femmes, and non-binary folks.
- No prior acting experience needed (there will be a script with lines to learn)
- Must be comfortable singing and dancing but no prior experience is needed
- Must live in or near to Nottingham, travel costs cannot be reimbursed
- You must must be available 14 – 18 February 2022
- Recording of songs will take place in January
- Costume fittings may be required
- Rehearsals (taking place both online and in person) and fittings to take place in January 2021, dates are flexible
How to Apply
- Applications must be submitted by Thursday 16 December, 12noon
- We ask that applicants complete an online expression of interest form, which can be found here: https://forms.gle/iiLW3qVLiZ7HrJN29
- If you would like support completing the application or need the application questions in a different format, please contact Charlie Dean – email@example.com.
This video piece is funded by NMG Production Bursaries and will be presented at a solo show at Backlit, Nottingham in April 2022. All performers will be credited and invited to attend the opening of the exhibition. Documentation of the exhibition will be shared with performers to use in their portfolio if desired.